"Biblical Submission: What It Is and What It's Not
By Sunny of http://biblicalsubmission.blogspot.com
What is Biblical submission? Well, it’s quite different than most people expect it to be.
Biblical Submission does NOT mean:
1. A wife was made to be her husband’s doormat,
2. A wife should blindly do whatever her husband tells her,
3. A wife is less valued by God.
Biblical Submission DOES mean:
1. A wife will submit (that means, willingly lower herself) to her husband,
2. A wife will consider her husband and his needs more important than hers (Philippians 2:3),
3. A wife will lovingly and cheerfully do good to her husband, not harm, all the days of her life (Proverbs 31:12),
4. A wife willingly and lovingly supports her husband in his endeavors for no other reason than to honor God and bless her husband – she is looking for no self-gain or praise from this – she requires no “pay-backs” for all the good she does to her husband,
5. A wife is blessed by God with wisdom, strength and kindness (Proverbs 31:26).
To get a full view of what a Biblically submissive woman looks like, read Proverbs 31:11-31.
Hint: it wasn’t to lead the man to sin against God.
Why is Biblical Submission so important?
Because a family without it will either miserably continue prolonging agony or completely fall apart.Regardless of which occurs, one thing most certainly will occur: a wife who is not practicing Biblical submission will become the source of one of the most horrid things – causing the word of God to be reviled (Titus 2:3-5). We’ll get started tomorrow with: The Wife and The Rib."
My Gracious Moment with God:
I believe I am under God's discipline. HE disciplines me so I can be the wife HE intended me to be. I am so grateful to be reminded of HIS Word in every detail I should be bearing it in my heart and in my marriage.
I also believe I needed to ask His Holy Spirit to lead me to obedience and joy in making HIS Word alive in me.
Even if at times I'm hurt or sad in some circumstances in my marriage, I believe God will make something BEAUTIFUL out of it.
In HIS Grace,
we are back
6 years ago