Sunday, November 9, 2008

Journey to Becoming a Biblical Submissive Wife

Biblical Submission is:

A Beautiful Gift for your husband and
A Precious Offering To God!!


A wife's Biblical submission is vital to the family unit and a wife's effectiveness in her role as help-meet to her husband, therefore we will follow God's divine order of things (1 Corinthians 14:40):

1. GOD FIRST: Matthew 6:33 & 10:37-39; Luke 14:33; Mark 12:30-31; Proverbs 31:30; Psalm 88:13; Psalm 1:1-3;

2. SPOUSE SECOND: Genesis 2:18-20, 3:16; Ephesians 5:22-24; 1 Corinthians 11:3, 8-9; 1 Timothy 2:13, 3:4-5; Titus 2:3-5

3. CHILDREN THIRD: Psalm 78:3-5; Titus 2:4; Deuteronomy 6:7; Proverbs 10:1; Proverbs 13:24; Proverbs 19:18; Proverbs 29:17; Malachi 2:15; Hebrews 12:8

4. HOMEMAKING FOURTH: Proverbs 31:10-31; Titus 2:3-5

5. "MINISTRY" FIFTH: Volunteering (at church & childrens' school), work, others (extended family, church family, friends) & Hobbies: 1 Timothy 2:10, 5:9-10; 1 Corinthians 12:7: Acts 9:36; 1 Thessalonians 4:9-12; Romans 12:10 & 13: 1 Peter 4:9-11)

Living this life out of God's order is asking for chaos to reign in our lives, causing us to be unfruitful and living in constant haste (2 Peter 1:3-9).

GRACIOUS MOMENT WITH THE LORD!!

In HIS Grace, I am privileged to learn HIS Precious Word as HIS daughter and a Wife to My Husband.

In meditating the bible verses, in God's leading and guidance...
I have seen how far I am to becoming a Biblical Submissive Wife.

I've seen flosses toward my Savior, my first love in whom I treasured and loved deeply and genuinely. It's not a reason to be sad, but to leap in joy believing that HE is calling me to repentance.

I wanted to repent and faithfully pursue to be a Biblical Submissive Wife to glorify and honor HIS Name and my GIFT to my Husband and future children.

As I meditate and genuinely reflect HIS Precious Word, and am in tears, that I just control myself.HIS Word is so powerful, soothing to the soul.

"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace" 1 Peter 4:10
- A Calling to be A Good Steward of His GRACE-



I believe I need to repent on many things:

* First, in letting God to be the FIRST in my heart and my daily life once again....

* Second, to love my husband more and more. Patience on his flosses. Extend love and patience when I don't understand his actions.Encourage him instead to share his feelings and listen.
To be concern of his feelings more than my own. To be compassionate when he is hurt.

*I knew how I messed up as a Home Maker. Am not the one that a husband should be proud of. I needed to kneel down and ask HIM to lead me to repentance.

In my heart, I know how I wanted to be the Home Maker that God wants me to be.

I need to repent on basic household chores, like cooking, cleaning the house, folding the clothes, etc.

IN SPITE OF MY SHORTCOMINGS, I FELT, EXPERIENCE AND LIVE THE PRECIOUS GIFT OF MARRIAGE FILLED WITH LOVE, FAITH, KINDNESS, THOUGH IT HAS SADNESS AND CHALLENGES IN THE MIDST. STILL, IT'S A GIFT I AM GRATEFUL FOR AND I TREASURE..


"Now there was in Joppa a disciple named Tabitha, which, translated, means Dorcas. She was full of good works and acts of charity." Acts 9:36 ESV
~BE A WOMAN OF CHARITY~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No one is perfect but I believe that your husband is so lucky to have you as his wife..you are the perfect give that God has given him...i pray for your family..and may God give us the guidance and wisdom as we go thru becoming the wives that Our Lord wants us to be...c

Anonymous said...

Dear Bonnie,
Isn’t God so merciful and gracious?
I am just like you, needing to make God my first love. I have been amazed at how much more I am able to love my husband when I am putting God first. I am finding that I can allow my husband to be himself instead of who I want him to be.
Keep looking to Jesus! He loves you so much!
I am blessed to be taking the journey with you. :)