Sunday, October 26, 2008

A New Side of Charity

I visited http://briananicole22.blogspot.com which she entitled her blog :
A NEW DAY FROM GOD. When one of her postings caught my attention, and like to reflect on this short note which says something about CHARITY

What comes to your mind when you hear this word?

As for me, I would have thought of serving the street kids or family, or giving food to the hungry. Or to be involved in the service for abused children, and my list could go on. However, am encourage to learn new side of CHARITY.

Here it goes, I quote it from that blog I visited.

Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other,
* when we don't judge or categorize someone else,
* when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet.

Charity is accepting someone's diferences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped.

Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other"


In His Grace,

1 comment:

briananicole_22 said...

im so glad that what i typed something that caught your eye, My name is Briana and thank you for sharing my word for that day God bless you.